Equipment & Data
Current commercial availability of zero-emission vehicles is scarce, with understanding of operating assumptions and costs still in their early stages. This workstream aims to explore feasibility of these vehicles through a range of site and platform trials.
Limited number of zero-emission vehicles commercially available. In addition, the operating assumptions and costs are poorly understood.
Drive rapid adoption of zero-emission vehicles through on site trialling, clarifying operational costs and expanding availability through work with suppliers.
Achievements and Milestones
- Successfully trialled 40 pieces of electric equipment across 15 sites globally, advancing the transition to zero-emission mining.
- Developed a comprehensive data platform with Nukon & AWS.
- Conducted a thorough assessment of battery electric LV and long-haul market options, evaluating technology, government support,nfunding opportunities, and demand insights.
- Sharing of site trial and market assessment data leading to accelerated purchases of Sandvik BEV, CAT hybrid loaders, multiple LVs and Volvo 3ME IT.
- Evaluated operating and change procedures including risk assessments for light and other BEVs, refining best practices for safe and efficient operation and introduction of electric vehicles in mining environments.