This workstream, striving for an in-depth understanding, aims to proficiently measure and appraise low-carbon solutions in the face of rapid policy changes, facilitating a clearer path to emission reduction.
Valuing low-carbon materials and navigating the shifting landscape of emission reporting policy and regulation requires deeper understanding.
Drive best practice in carbon management across the EMC through piloting a carbon platform and establishing a carbon community of practice.
Achievements and Milestones
- Established a close network of sustainability teams across the mining sector to align and progress reporting and disclosure activities.
- Established business case for changing approach to carbon data collection and reporting (governance and optimisation).
- Went to market to understand and design a carbon management platform approach.
- Established an ongoing series of roundtables with industry experts on key topics within the sustainability function.
- Initiated an internal carbon pricing best practice initiative.