Policy & Skills
Existing policy settings fall short of encouraging technology investment at the speed necessary to achieve emissions targets. This workstream is dedicated to addressing these challenges head-on, promoting progressive policy change and studying future skills needed for a greener future for mining.
Policy shortfalls and skills shortages hinder technology investment and emissions progress in mining’s shift to clean energy.
Drive technology investment, address policy and skills barriers, and support ongoing policy advocacy for the clean energy transition in mining.
Achievements and Milestones
- Conducted a series of Skills Workshops with over a dozen outside providers and industry stakeholders.
- Hosted Member Spotlight Workshops that showcased 12 case studies in electrification.
- Established a partnership with Curtin University, enhancing the research program and bolstering our expertise in policy and skills development.
- Established a new industry policy group to influence pro- decarbonisation policy outcomes.
- Initiated and achieved a general agreement on the DPM Code of Practice in the process of approvals.